Do you have an Amped Wireless Extender? You have made a good choice. Amped Wireless strives to provide you with the highest quality products through advanced technology and innovation. You can access your Amped Wireless login web page through http://setup.ampedwireles.com. But sometimes you need to reset your Amped Wireless extender to the factory settings. There may be many reasons for resetting your extender. Some are:
- The network name of the router is not showing.
- The router is not accepting Wi-Fi passwords while Amped Wireless login.
- Cannot access an internet connection.
- Dropping or disappeared Wi-Fi signal.
- Unable to connect to the device using the WPS button.
- Slow internet speed in some areas in your house.
- Router clashes regularly.
- Unable to get Amped Smart Setup Wizard.
- 168.1.240 is not working.
- Cannot change the username or password of Amped wireless.
- Unable to log in to http://setupampedwireless.com.
- Amped router not connecting to the internet.
- Home devices are not connecting to the Amped Wireless Extender.
- The router is not accepting admin passwords.
- Amped wireless cannot detect the modem etc.
So, these were the common issues that users face while operating their Amped Wireless Extender. There are some issues where the basic troubleshooting does not work and you have to reset your extender to the factory/default settings. After the factory reset, your extender will be back to its factory settings which are written below.
Default Settings of Amped Wireless Extender:
The default settings of your range extender are listed below. If for any reason you have to return your extender to its factory settings, press the reset button located on the back of the extender and hold for 10 seconds. The Amped Wireless will reset back to the factory or default settings as below:
- IP Address- 192.168.1.240
- Web Menu Access- http://setup.ampedwireless.com.
- SSID- Amped_REC10
Amped Wireless Extender Reset Guide:
This guide will cover all the basic steps you need to follow to reset your extender along with the warnings for the after-reset procedure. A reset will bring back your extender to its factory settings. The credentials of factory settings are discussed above. People generally confuse between a reset and reboot. A reboot is simply to power off and on the router. Resetting is to revert all the settings to how they were from the factory. A reset will change the following settings:
- The router’s username and password.
- The Wi-Fi information such as SSID, Password, and security methods.
- If you are using DSL, you need to re-enter your ISP username and password. You have to call your Internet Service Provider for that.
- Port forwards etc.
Steps to reset Amped Wireless Extender:
You have two options available to reset your router. These are:
- Option 1- In option 1, you can reset your extender through a button. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Disconnect your devices from the extender.
- Unplug the router from the power source and plug it in again.
- Press and hold the Reset button located on the back or bottom of your router for a few seconds.
- Your router will get reset and back to its factory settings.
- Option 2- In the 2nd option, you can reset your router through http://ampedwirelesssetup.com. Follow the below steps:
- Enter http://ampedwirelesssetup.com or http://192.168.1.240 in the address bar of your web browser.
- It will ask you to enter your Amped Wireless login credentials.
- Go to the Firmware/Settings page on the left and click on the Reset icon. Make sure you are using an Ethernet cable to connect your devices.
Hope this will work for you. But, what if you do not need to reset your router? Keep in mind the following tips so that you do need not do the reset process.
If you want to work smoothly with your Amped Wireless Extender, you have to take care of various important tips. Following these tips, your router issues may get resolved without a reset. To access the http://setup.ampedwireless.com page, there are some common tips that you need to keep in mind.
- Make sure your device is connected to the Amped router home network.
- Always use a wired connection to access setup.ampedwireless.com.
- If your device is connected wirelessly, make sure that it is in full range.
- Use an updated version of your web browser.
- Keep all the cache, cookies, and history of your browser deleted. Sometimes it may lead to interrupted internet signals.
Resetting your router is not a big deal. You just need to have some basic awareness of the procedure. Always take care of all the cables connected to the router, the LED lights located on the router, and your Amped Wireless login credentials. The user manual of the router will guide you about the basic usage of the network. If not understood, Contact us!